Hello, my name is Carrie Wallace. My husband, Allen, and I have lived in the Uintah Basin for 25 years and enjoyed raising our five children here.
I grew up in California and Las Vegas and graduated with my bachelor's degree in human resources from Brigham Young University in 1990. I will receive my master’s of social work degree from Utah State University in August 2020.
I sought out training in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) because I kept hearing about how effective it is for anxiety and trauma. I have been trained in different styles of counseling, but my preferred modality for treatment is EMDR for the following reasons:
* Much like the human body, the human brain has the ability to heal itself and EMDR can facilitate this process
* You are the expert in your own life and EMDR can help you unlock insights that will give you the perspective you need to be effective
* What we experience in our childhood affects how we interact with the world around us in the present, and EMDR is an attachment-focused treatment
* Disturbing thoughts, emotions and even somatic symptoms can be processed and resolved quickly
* Research has shown that EMDR is effective and the results are lasting.
My goal as your therapist is to support you in your journey towards healing and becoming the person you are meant to be.
“I’ve processed things in a few weeks that would have taken years of talk therapy.”